Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ghosts

Ever have one of those moments when you are home all alone and you can almost see and hear the ghosts of days gone by?

I'm having one of those moments right now. I am thinking back to those days not to long ago when our house would be very busy on the day before Easter.

All our friends and their children would come every year and celebrate with a large potluck. Each child would bring their baskets and we would line the children up with the smallest in front . Soon we would send them off. they would run in all directions laughing and giggling as they looked for eggs. We parents just tried to stay out of the way as we tried to capture the moment on film.

The whole day would be full of relay races for both the young and old. Those were fun times. Now all those children are all grown up, many with children of their own. And I sit in my home, by myself wondering how come life has to fly by so fast.

So if I could go back in time this is one of those moments I would go toBut I can't so for today I will just be glad that the ghost of days gone past came to visit me to put a smile on my face.

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment