Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my mother's birthday and even though her gentle touch and sweet smile are the same, her mind is slowly drifting to another place.


Why would I so often cringe when people would tell me through the years that I was like her?


Why is it that I now want to know all those things that she tried to tell me and I didn't listen?


Why won't she tell me how she made it through those tough times in life with such grace?


I hang my head and a tear drops....please mom, I need to know.


Just then I hear a sweet sweet sound coming from my mother..She is singing praises to her Lord. It is then I realize that not only is she giving me her secret to a happy life but she has shared it with me everyday that I can remember.


I leave my mother today singing to my Lord.

Thanks mom.

3 comments:

  1. Precious! Very precious story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before my mom was gone we were priveleged to have the time and opportunity to share some very intimate mother-daughter time. Even though she and I both struggled with devistating illness at this time there was nothing that could take from us what we had spent a lifetime developing in mutual love and respect. I thought I had exhausted all of the questions I might have for her. I wracked my brain to think of everything possible which I might need to know. Then one day her mind slipped from me and shortly thereafter her spirit slipped from her body as she swiftly traveled to heaven where time and boundaries could no longer hold her. There have been many times I have yearned for just one more converation. However she did not leave me comfortless. I know in whom I have believed and I know that He is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that I could ask or think. Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love you a bushel and a peck....and a hug around the neck."

    ReplyDelete