Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tackling the Closet

I wouldn't...I couldn't ....I shouldn't...

Those are the words that kept going through my mind as I tried EVERYTHING in my closet on today. I am now putting everything that I pulled out into a very large Rubbermaid bin. I figure when I lose 10 pounds...or as I like to say...drop into another decade...I will allow myself to try them on.

Hopefully no one will die anytime soon because I found out that I don't have one thing that I could wear to a funeral.

I have gained a lot of weight in the past year and I just hadn't come to grip with the fact that nothing fits until today. On most days I would not even try to put some things on because I didn't want to face the fact that there was no way I could wear it, even if I wanted to.

If you would like to start on this journey with me then here is what you must do.

Try everything on in your closet. It doesn't matter if you just wore it or you just bought it. These do not mean you "should" wear it or that it still fits.Time has a way of going by and weight has away of slipping on. Don't forget to look at the back of you. Some of the things I tried on looked "ok" but when I looked at the back I knew I shouldn't. Also try to sit and bend over in the item. When we are over weight we tend to think that if we can get the button buttoned then it fits...this is not true.

If you truly want to save money then lose the weight. Instead of going shopping, go for a walk . If I lose ten pounds, or should I say "when", then I will allow myself to go back into the Rubbermaid bin and go "shopping".

Do you think all that trying on counts as exercise for today?

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I'm thinking about doing this tonight. Be prepared to be my phone-a-friend when I'm staring at an empty closet.

    ReplyDelete