Friday, March 26, 2010

Shouldn't have said that

I have a very good friend. We have been best friends for 30 years. She is one of those people you can tell anything to.

She has been on a new diet and when I saw her the other day for the first time in a week I commented on how I thought she looked like she lost weight. "Really?" she asked with a smile. "yes" I replied. "Your boobs now stick out farther than your stomach".

Now I meant that as a compliment but she looked at me and with a very straight face said, " Can we pretend that we aren't such good friends?"

It made me realize that sometimes with our family and our bestfriends, there are some things that we shouldn't share. Maybe we need to go back and treat these people with alittle more respect. Thank them like we might a stranger...send them a thank you card. Dress up to spend time with these people. And maybe we...me....need to remember to think sometimes before we speak.

So next time I will tell my friend that she looks great and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment