Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Flowers Everywhere

My daughter got married this past year and for all of you out there involved in the planning of a wedding right now I have a piece of advice for you.

Much thought, planning and money goes into the wedding flowers. I love flowers so I wanted a lot of them at my daughters wedding but they add up fast. We ended up buying all the vases that we could find at places like TJ Maxx, which if I didn't have four daughters I would now be selling on ebay, and then ordered the flowers from a wholesaler.

I picked up the flowers three days before the wedding and took them to a dear friend's house where her and others gathered to assemble the flowers, we asked that this be done instead of a gift. We had made a mock one up so they knew what we wanted. The arrangements turned out beautiful for a fraction of the price a florist would charge. Here is a picture of one of the centerpieces:



But that was not the advice I wanted to give. After the wedding my girlfriend took all the flowers out of the large expensive vases and made small arrangements in jars and vases and delivered them to Hospice, nursing homes, the hospital and shut ins. Knowing that all the money spent on flowers went on to bring joy to so many others made me really happy.

Do you have any wedding recylcing advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment